Rooted twrp backup

Recognized Developer

Rooted twrp backup

I am not responsible if you damage your device in any way you are the one that has decided to modify your device.

Here is a prerooted boot and system twrp backup all you will need to do is install supersu from the playstore.

Install instructions:
1. Backup something in twrp so the folder structure is generated
2. Then unzip file to /storage/emulated/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/NBQGLDXXXXXXX (This may change depending on the phone idk)/
3. Now go back to twrp and click restore and select the backup

Troubleshooting:
If you never set a encryption password (It asks you during the startup wizard), then you just click enter and skip it.

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995296855

18 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Rooted twrp backup

Thanks for sharing and your work!

D.
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!

Thanks you @deadman96385 

now people can get back to enjoying robin Smiley Very Happy

Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Rebel 3.0

I've managed to flash TWRP on my Robin but I can't flash supersu because of this encryption stuff, no matter what password I put in nothing works and you can't skip because you can't access your internal memory where the .zip file is. Any idea around this? I've even tried using an OTG cable and it still will not work.

Early Backer | GSM | Electric
Recognized Developer

Not sure what to tell you, the password I put in on boot before it boots normal works in twrp, and on the other Robin I do not have an on boot password so it uses the default password so there is no prompt.

@IAvariciousI I think you must flash it before booting for the first time. Maybe trying wiping all the data would work?
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

@deadman96385 @david I've wiped the phone through TWRP but never a factory reset through the actual phone. Is what David said true? Do I flash it before I do the first boot up on the phone? Could you possibly do a more in-depth guide? I'm not new to rooting, flashing ROMS, going S-Off etc but this has just got me stumped. I'm not the only once having this issue either so you'd be helping others out too.

Thanks for the response you guys.

I don't own the Robin, but as far as I know, this problem is coming up to you as Robin is encrypted when booting for the first time.
Sorry I can't help you further that this.

D.
Rebel 3.0

you need to flash supersu before you boot the phone... It's all in the guide on here and XDA. 

Rebel 3.0

I read the post on XDA and it didn't blatantly say "Flash before the very first boot", you had to read in between the lines but thanks. I'll try it now.