Rooted twrp backup

Rebel 3.2

Re: Rooted twrp backup

does xposed have to be flashed before boot as well?

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

You should @axelhei
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.2

i ended up flashing afterwards through adb sideload since they mtp was encrypted

Rebel 3.0

I already have SU (chainfire), plus root checker, gravity box. titanium backup etc, installed. nit they don't work

Previously, my daily driver was a Oneplus One, which I had rooted, and was running a custom ROM called Exodus.

When my Robin arrived, the day before yesterday, I set it up. got signed into my Google account. and then did that great NFC Touch thingy

Isn't that great?, I get the new phone, a few minutes later, all my apps are on it :-)

Anyway, I have loads of root apps, but I don't have root. Hopefully, they won't require re-installing, when I do root the phone

We need a reliable recovery, and I understand there is a TWRP from a phone user, who happens to be a developer, so thanks to him.

I haven't yet heard of a reliable root exploit, but it's supposed to be easy, and cool with Nextbit.

The phone comes with an unocked boot loader, so maybe, something like "Kingroot" would work.

My thought is to root it, not just nandroid backups etc, but for Xposed Module. That way I can have eye candy, like pie controls, or skin the whole thing, but hopefully it would still be Nextbit's OS, and maintain the cloud functions

Although I can't see me using them ("the cloud functions") except for media. I have all my apps pinned, and I have plenty of room left for media on the phone.

Unless it's truly miraculous, I dont see how this can compete, or be radically different from the dozens of movies, and music videos and audio books, The Wire, The Sopranos etc etc, that I have in Window's OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox.

On the other hand, it's bloody annoying, if you want either stream. or download, some media, from the cloud, but your signal drops out.

Either way, I'm going to give Nextbits OS a chance for a while, so I'm not investigating rooting for a while either :-)

Rebel 3.0

Hey guys, how were you able to unlock the bootloader? I can't seem to get my computer to detect the device once it goes into fastboot mode. I've tried this on a PC and on a Mac.

Rebel 2.8

Yes I got it to work, but it did take some time. You need to follow directions very very carefully...

Rebel 3.0

For anyone else that might be having the same issue. I figured out how to get it to work.

You need to use:

fastboot -i 0x2c3f

rather than just plain fastboot the -i command forces fastboot to use a particular set of drivers. Once you use that then it works like a charm

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

since i'm new to Android - could you please tell me if my rooted Robin will still be able to get the updates?

Kind regards

Martin

Rebel 3.0

As of right now with the previous updates, no you will not be able to. For OTA that is. In order to update you'll have to nab the flashable zip provided by Dexter on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/nextbit-robin/development/stock-nextbit-robin-stock-factory-images-t...

And then once flashed, you'll have to flash over SuperSU again, and Xposed if you have it installed.