Rooting Tool (Easy)

Rebel 3.0

Re: Rooting Tool (Easy)

[ Edited ]

Does this ONLY work on 6.0? Also, (This is the issue i had with my tablet, dont know about the robin) when i installed supersu (again, on my tablet) I couldnt boot from the stock rom. Thats when i finally jumped to CM. But how do you install it on the robin if it asks to update binaries?

EDIT: When will this tool work again? Smiley Sad Still couldnt get it working on 7.0. And how do you root the "manual way"? You cant flash anything via twrp due to the device being encrypted.

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

The way you root the manual way is you grab SuperSU from chainfire's website and grab the latest TWRP for codename: ether. And flash them both separately ( you need to make sure your bootloader is unlocked first though either way)

@xBane_

I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

flash them using fastboot flash?

I see that in my fastboot command menu it says "fastboot flash <partition> [ <filename> ]" 

Can i just say "fastboot flash supersu.zip" and it will figure out what to do from there?

Rebel 3.2

xBane_ wrote:

flash them using fastboot flash?

I see that in my fastboot command menu it says "fastboot flash <partition> [ <filename> ]" 

Can i just say "fastboot flash supersu.zip" and it will figure out what to do from there?

NO, this will not work, Fastboot only works with .IMG image files and is used to flash partitions as a whole. If you are trying to flash SuperSU, that would have to be done from Recovery (TWRP) because it is only placing files not writing whole partitions.

DiabolicJourney_SpaRky / Midnight - Fosman DURA-T Crystal - TMobile
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]
What it means that it will wipe the data if is locked?
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@LeonardosRobin

It is absolutely mandatory to unlock the bootloader first. 

I do not work for Nextbit; I am an expert on the product though. PM if needed.

Contact me through PM if I am needed.