[TOOL] Robin Toolkit (v1.2) - Root, TWRP, rescue device...

Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

[TOOL] Robin Toolkit (v1.2) - Root, TWRP, rescue device...

[ Edited ]

"I'm not responsible for any damage suffered by your device. You decide if you want to use my tool or not. Also you won't be able to update via OTA."

Ok guys, so twice in a day, as I promised, as soon as I received my Robin I started to work on this to finish it, and after some days of working and testing, here you have a toolkit for the cute Robin:

- Unlock/Lock the Robin (You should unlock your Robin the first time you use this tool. If not, as most of the tools below need the bootloader to be unlocked, you will lose your data when running any of them for the first time. In that case, creating a backup would be really unuseful. Unlock once, unlock forever)

- Backup/Restore

- Root

- Install TWRP 

- Wipe Cache/Data (with and without TWRP installed)

- Install factory images (System, Boot and/or recovery, up to you - Not the last version, I have to update it)

- Install non-forced-encryption patched boot by @d3Xt3r (Thanks bud!)

Root, Install TWRP and Backup/Restore work 100% sure. Other like install factory images or the non-encryption mod I haven't tested them (I have zero time, literally), but they should work (95% sure).

Thanks also to @deadman96385@d3Xt3r, and @Baymax, who helped me testing and giving me their knowdledge!

Any suggestions and bug reporting are welcome!

Changelog

v1.2

No more using C:\ to store all the necessary files

Now using temp files, they're deleted when the Toolkit window is closed

No need to install adb anymore, it's installed the first time you run the .exe file

Update check added. You will get a message to download the new .exe everytime an update is available

Backup fixed (wasn't working)

DOWNLOAD(v1.2)

Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
39 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: [TOOL] Robin Toolkit (v1.0) - Root, TWRP, rescue device...

Good job rebels!!!

My next mate will be a Robin
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

DAAAAAMN David!! Back at it again with the easy toolkit!!!

THANKS to everyone that helped, can't wait to download it Smiley Very Happy

Will be available as soon as we test it a bit more. Not having a Robin makes it tought. Thanks @TriDeka and @mactoni!

D
Rebel 2.8

Just wanted to say im following this thread closely as im having trouble with my drivers on my computer. I was able to unlock, install twrp, and root with the older one click method. For some reason i cant get my computer to recognize my device when im using the andriod sdk. Like I said it worked with the older one click method. 

BTW I installed drivers, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers, used different ports on my computer, and also used different usb c cabels, restarted computer, restarted my device but with no luck. Anyway just wanted you guys to know that im really looking forward to trying this out when it becomes available! Thanks

It'll be available soon @oldpreowner. Nowadays I'm full of exams and I cannot dedicate all the time I would like to to it.
However, if the older one click method worked for you, that means that you PC is recognizing your Robin, could you please give us more details about the problem you are having?
Thanks

D
Rebel 2.8

Well I am up and running now. I ended up getting another laptop. I finally got my computer to recognize my device! I just love the Robin, I actually have an Iphone 6s, galaxy s7 and the Robin. My phone of choice is of course the Robin!  Just thought i would let you know whats up since you were so kind to reply to my post. Thanks

Ok guys! Uploaded and working! Give it a try and give me feedback! Smiley Very Happy

D
Rebel 2.8

when i open the file the tool flashes from connected to not connected very fast. With the robin plugged in computer and without. 

@oldpreowner can you please try redownloading the .exe file again? If not, please click on "Install ADB" (inside the program) and then try again
Thanks

D