Unbrick Tool for Mac and Windows

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Unbrick Tool for Mac and Windows

[ Edited ]

Hey all, the team has been working really hard to help those who've run into bootloop issues with their phone after taking the June OTA. Right now, there seems to be two problems shown in the following videos:

In the first problem, I'm on the 00WW_1_290 build, I've unlocked my device, and flashed TWRP Recovery. I've then opened TWRP and swiped to allow modifications to the system. I then take the OTA and it causes the recovery loop to occur. In the second, @Miry has run into an issue with not being able to get past the boot screen. 

Here's the fix (your phone should be unlocked):

• Download the 1450.zip folder
  • Unzip the folder and remember where you placed it
  • Plug Robin into your PC or Mac
  • Boot into Fastboot Mode (or also called Bootloader) via Power + Volume Down
  • Open a command window (Shift+Right click in Windows), or Terminal (in Mac) to the 1450 directory
  • Type: flash-all.bat for Windows, or ./flash-all.sh for Mac and press Enter
  • You may choose to wipe, or not wipe their data by typing "y" or "n". Choose "y" and press Enter. 
  • Let the scripts run completely and let the phone reboot fully before touching the device. (It may look like it's hanging at the fastboot screen. You may need to wait a few minutes before the phone finally reboots)

Tell us exactly how you got to that issue. What were you doing? What was the state of the device (unlocked, rooted, etc.)? What really helps us is if you have screenshots of your phone/computer, and even better an unlisted video on YouTube, or Google Drive. We really hope you guys are able to fix the problem, but you can hit me up with any questions!

Best,

Khang

#NextNow
74 REPLIES
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

Re: Unbrick Tool for Mac and Windows

Great post @Khang. Thanks for sharing!
Want to be part of the team? Find out how: https://programs.nextbit.com.
Rebel 2.6

[ Edited ]

Hi,

when i try to use the command 

./LSWUpdateTool -i flash.mlf -eu

it says permission denied.

please help me to come out of boot loop. robin screen keep booting itself

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]
If it's doing that it means there's permission issues on that file. Just use "chmod 755 LSW.sh" (or whatever the file is) without quotes. Then give it a run!

Side note @Khang does this mean it still wouldn't be safe to flash over the factory image if I wish to update and I'm rooted + xposed? Should I still wait for another update and just go straight to that one? I would prefer to not wipe my phone again Smiley Tongue

If you're rooted with exposed, I'm not sure you can flash over it wth the lswtool and be okay. Its possible I can try it at work to see if it does anything harmful.

#NextNow
Nextbit Support Team Nextbit Support Team

[ Edited ]

Hey  @sivachennaiTry:

• Type: ./LSWUpdateTool -i flash.mlf -eu
Rebel 2.8

Hey @Khang I tried unbricking the phone. But I am not able to. I think my problem i havent enabled usb debugging when i got the phone.This all happened so quick and i couldnt enable usb debugging. No matter what i try, all these command prompt and trying to flash, my device is not getting recognised.. It keeps on showing waiting ofr device many of them were able to at leat flash the phone once but i am not able to do any of it everytime it shows waiting for device. my phone bootloader is locked and i am not able to unlock with adb also because one of the main thing for it work is to enable usb debugging and i havent enabled it. If you know a way to enable usb debugging and unlocking the bootloader that would be helpful. Now my problem is that i have is to unlock the bootloader to flash the device and to do that i have to enable usb debugging which i havent enabled it.
So give me some information on how to enable USB debugging in this or give me alternate ways to either unlock the bootloader or flash the device. Anything is fine

Dravidhan6000 wrote:

Hey @Khang I tried unbricking the phone. But I am not able to. I think my problem i havent enabled usb debugging when i got the phone.This all happened so quick and i couldnt enable usb debugging. No matter what i try, all these command prompt and trying to flash, my device is not getting recognised.. It keeps on showing waiting ofr device many of them were able to at leat flash the phone once but i am not able to do any of it everytime it shows waiting for device. my phone bootloader is locked and i am not able to unlock with adb also because one of the main thing for it work is to enable usb debugging and i havent enabled it. If you know a way to enable usb debugging and unlocking the bootloader that would be helpful. Now my problem is that i have is to unlock the bootloader to flash the device and to do that i have to enable usb debugging which i havent enabled it.
So give me some information on how to enable USB debugging in this or give me alternate ways to either unlock the bootloader or flash the device. Anything is fine

Hey @Dravidhan6000 - Unfortunately, we're unable to get past that if your phone is still locked. Let's set you up with a replacement device! Please contact support@nextbit.com for assistance and we'll get a new phone to you ASAP!

#NextNow
sm
Rebel 2.8

Bought a MacBook today to test - @Khang's fix works! My Robin is finally unbricked, yay!

(For the record - I had the second issue - phone was rebooting immediately after the boot logo appears).

Thanks Team Nextbit! Also, would be nice if this tool can be released for Windows/Linux as well. Smiley Happy

Rebel 3.0

@Khang alright thanks. I was also meaning by just using good ol' flash boot commands as well, were people also reporting issues with the bootloops?