Unbrick Tool for Mac and Windows

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: Unbrick Tool for Mac and Windows

jbuck79 wrote:

I tried a different cable with the same results.

It happened after I took the most recent OTA. As soon as it rebooted, it started looping. Wiping the phone from recovery didn't fix it. Attempting to run the factory image and the unbrick tool both result in the process locking up on that sending system line.

Wow hmm...that's pretty strange considering that the longest it's ever hung for me was like 5 minutes. Other than that, it's flashed within 50 seconds.

#NextNow
Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

@Khang I'm in the same position as @Dravidhan6000

I got my replacement phone a few days ago. Booted it up without unlocking or rooting. Saw the June OTA system update. Figured what could go wrong. Didn't even think about enabling USB debugging. Stuck in bootloop while applying updates.

Now when I run "fastboot devices" from 1350 folder it returns nothing.

Some fastboot commands return waiting for device. "

"fasboot -i 0x2c3f oem unlock" gives me "oem unlock FAILED (remote: oem unlock is not allowed)"

When running flash-all.bat, it gets stuck at the following for minutes

simu_flash:971f0dec:system
sending segment 1 of 'system' (2475972 KB)...

Is there a quick fix for this or nah? :/

Unfortunately, the tool only works when you've already unlocked your phone. I'll send this along to the team to see what we can do. In the meantime, please request another device. I'm so sorry you ran into this! This has only happened to a small percentage of people...but let the support team know that you talked to me.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.6

I am also having the same issue. It gets stuck on
sending 'system' (2475972 KB)... Its been few minutes now

Erdinch87 wrote:
I am also having the same issue. It gets stuck on
sending 'system' (2475972 KB)... Its been few minutes now

You have ensured that you have unlocked the bootloader and made sure the phone is recognized in fastboot? you may need to let it sit longer or try to reflash.

#NextNow
Rebel 2.6

[ Edited ]
What i did was i tried a third party usb cable and it flashed successfully. I guess my usb that came with phone is defective.
Rebel 2.8

When i input the commands on my mac (./flash-all.sh), it tells me there is no such directory?

KG
Rebel 3.2

Hello @Khang Just wanted to know if this process can be used to restore a rooted rom to full stock ?

I mean, I have TWRP installed along with Root. Also I have not installed the custom unencrypted boot img. So if i follow this, will my Robin be in a factory reset mode along with all default features & encryption? 

KG wrote:

Hello @Khang Just wanted to know if this process can be used to restore a rooted rom to full stock ?

I mean, I have TWRP installed along with Root. Also I have not installed the custom unencrypted boot img. So if i follow this, will my Robin be in a factory reset mode along with all default features & encryption? 

Yes, if you're coming from a rooted device, completely wipe once you're prompted to do so. You'll be fully back to stock.

#NextNow
KG
Rebel 3.2

Thanks @Khang , One of the main reson to revert to stock is the nag screen during boot up. Also I duno if its just me or everyone is facing the issue on Layers / Substraum, i feel they dont work. & when it does, they dont theme everything.