Unbrick Tool for Mac and Windows

Rebel 2.8

Re: Unbrick Tool for Mac and Windows

Without more information, it's hard to say what the problem is. My guess from that error is that your command prompt is not looking at the correct file path. You need to follow this instruction:

• Open a command window (Shift+Right click in Windows), or Terminal (in Mac) to the 1450 directory

Specifically, you need to Shift+Right Click in the location that you unzipped 1450.zip to.

Since the batch file contained in that zip isn't part of the PATH environment variable (and you don't want it to be), you can't arbitrarily call it from any old location, you must have launched your command prompt in the path containing the batch file (or used the 'cd' command to get the appropriate path).

For example, if you are seeing these in the prompt

C:\Users\SomeUserName> (default for a user command prompt)

or

C:\Windows\system32> (default for an admin command prompt)

Then you will need to cd to the path where you unzipped the 1450 zip instead, for example 

C:\Users\SomeUserName>cd c:\my\path\to\1450

C:\My\Path\to\1450> (from this point you can then run the command for the .bat file).

Rebel 2.8

Thanks for the help bro. But even after following what u said in that eg. it still shows that file path can't find.

I opened that downloaded file and then launched command prompt. I guess I am doing some kind of mistake. Kindly help.
Rebel 2.8

Attaching screenshot for your reference.

Thanks

Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure if you're trolling or not, but I'll make one last go of it. So, without trying to be condescending, I think you might want to learn a few more basics regarding how computers work and the command line interface in Windows works. Try one these two as a simple starting point:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chusedos.htm

https://lifehacker.com/5633909/who-needs-a-mouse-learn-to-use-the-command-line-for-almost-anything

Your 'cd' command as per your image (http://community.nextbit.com/eiwez93462/attachments/eiwez93462/Tools/370/1/Capture.PNG) will not work because 'c:\my\path\to\1450' was just an example, you were meant to substitute this part for your actual path to where you had unzipped the files (sorry if I did not make that bit clear).

So, looking at your image, you have actually unzipped the files to your Downloads library in Windows. To get to that folder, in your command prompt type the following (exactly as it appears below, or copy and paste from below) and hit enter:
cd %HOMEPATH%\Downloads\1450

Then you should be in the correct folder to be able to run the commands as per the instructions at the start of this thread (which you will need to follow very closely). In all honesty though, I encourage you to learn some further basics about the command line, as without being confident about what you are doing, you could make a mistake that renders your phone (or your pc) useless.

Best of luck nevertheless, I hope you get a working phone again!

EDIT: As a side note, if you are wondering how the %HOMEPATH% thing worked, it's using variable expansion built into the windows shell and the CLI. You can read about it (and other similar commands) here:
https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds_shelloverview...

Rebel 2.8

Thanks for the detailed help. I followed that path and later on entered that command and waited for like 20-25 min. But nothing is happening. What can be the reason. I followed exactly the same procedure as laid out there. The phone is still on starting screen and side buttons don't do anything.
Rebel 2.8

Also attaching snapshot of phone screen.

Sorry for bothering you again and again but if I would have aware abt these nonsense issues I would have never bought this stupid phone. Now it's just like having 200$ brick in hand.

And as a matter of fact I haven't rooted this phone or anything. Just bought from Amazon and updated it just like normal person and now n here :-\
Rebel 3.0

needed help, device got bricked after updating to ww_450 update, it's non-rooted and bootloader locked. unbrick is just stuck at sending system command for almost a hour and half. i don't wish to unlock bootloader as the device been used for transactions, 

can i get help reviving my device. have 1450.zip downloaded

the command prompt screenshotthe command prompt screenshot

Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

You need to unlock your bootloader before flashing :/

#NextNow
Rebel 2.8

Hi Khang,

I have a same problem, but how to unlock bootloader, becasue we cannot able to go the andriod software. is that any way to unlock bootloader from recovery mode/fastboot mode..please help. my device is brand new, not even used a bit, after unbox just tried to setup, it asked me to update, i update, its stuck, please help.

Thanks

Mahe

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

My Robin is rooted and running TWRP. After a full system wipe and multiple attempts using two separate computers and two different copies of "1450.zip" I have a rather odd boot loop.  After multiple flashes and boot attempts - I realised that the phone is not flashing completely. There is a point where it sends the Key_info partition. The first read succeeds and the write fails with "Remote Failure - Partition does not exist". But for some reason; the flash script continues and says that it succeeded. I've currently managed to reflash TWRP and move to another ROM. 

EDIT - I managed to get back to stock using Flashable twrp images for the latest ROM. However, a hunt through the logs shows that the partition 'usb-otg' is failing to mount and read.

EDIT 2 - Exact Error - 

sending 'KEY_INFO' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.038s]
writing 'KEY_INFO'...
FAILED (remote: partition table doesn't exist)