backup of unmodified robin system with the latest update

Rebel 3.2

backup of unmodified robin system with the latest update

I made a back up of the system image with the latest update. this might be useful to those who have a modified system and want to update. in order to use it, need to use the tutorial found here but using my files found here

18 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: backup of unmodified robin system with the latest update

Thanks for the backup! May try this later. @david think its possible to use the cache method if you're device is encrypted? Would TWRP be able to detech the backup you think? If not, incoming wipe of data I guess?

rw
Rebel 3.0

axelhei wrote:

I made a back up of the system image with the latest update. this might be useful to those who have a modified system and want to update. in order to use it, need to use the tutorial found here but using my files found here

can you upload the update.zip file ? thank you.

Rebel 3.0

[ Edited ]

I don't think he has the zip, but he has the entire system backup so you can just use the restore function in TWRP with his files! Whoops I may be a bit slow!

Yeah, you have to use TWRP to use a system restore. Currently, there is no update.zip for the March OTA Update. I'd give it a day or two @rw and let someone create the package for us to flash who have root!

Rebel 2.8

Champion, thank you. Worked perfectly!

Backerkit | Midnight GSM | Hobart, AUS
Rebel 3.2

@Dangles I'm glad it worked. I wasn't sure if it would or if it would need the system partition restored as well (didn't want to host the system partition because I had already signed in to my account when I made this backup and wasn't sure if it would be present in that back up)
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@axelhei isn't it the system partition? You meant you didn't want to back up data, no?

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 3.2

Worked for me as well. Thank you so very much! Finally! I hope next update isn't so traumatic hahaha Smiley Happy

Mint Condition
rw
Rebel 3.0

axelhei wrote:
@Dangles I'm glad it worked. I wasn't sure if it would or if it would need the system partition restored as well (didn't want to host the system partition because I had already signed in to my account when I made this backup and wasn't sure if it would be present in that back up)

i dont test it yet, need to find some place with good connection. lol. well, i found this, and downloaded this via idm, but still the same.

https://android.googleapis.com/packages/ota/nextbit_ether_ether/51421ad1e07235ee23c8d6a57d53476684f8...

is this the March OTA ?

rw
Rebel 3.0

its just my curiosity. why it always stuck at 74%
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb sideload maret.zip
serving: 'maret.zip' (~74%) * failed to read command: No error