Blue light filter/night mode toggle

Adi
Rebel 3.0

Blue light filter/night mode toggle

Like the stock android Nougat having a night mode, there should be one in Robin as well!
13 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: Blue light filter/night mode toggle

[ Edited ]
You can download night mode from app store to enable night mode if you have Android nougat beta version
Adi
Rebel 3.0

But it would be much more optimised when it's in build into the OS rather than downloading an app for the same.
Rebel 2.8

Are you referring to some official Google Night Mode app? Please link to the app store link for the app you're referring to.

Rebel 3.2

Here is the app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.michaelevans.nightmodeenabler

This just enables the Android 7.0 stock feature. (It will not work on other Android versions.)

TPS
Rebel 2.8

[ Edited ]
This requires System UI Tuner to be enabled in the OS, which I've never been able to do. Is that functional in the 7/Nougat build?!
Adi
Rebel 3.0

Press and hold the settings icon in the notification shade, this will enable the system UI tuner. Sadly, there is no night mode in the nougat beta.
TPS
Rebel 2.8

I thought I was supposed to see feedback when enabling the Tuner (twirling ⚙️ or some such) but I've never gotten that, either. Pointers on what I'm doing wrong?
Rebel 2.8

Then go to Settings, and the very last item in the settings list is System UI Tuner

TPS
Rebel 2.8

Nothing, as I see it, is after "About phone". 😭