Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise
441
288

Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor

I've been looking at this for some time (about a month), but I was trying to find the facts of the technology behind dual-cameras, and what makes them better.

 

And I just saw this article by Phonearena stating, 

 

"The system is called Clear Sight and it requires a Snapdragon 820 or 821 processor in the device. Qualcomm designed it to make dual cameras easier to integrate without requiring specialized development. Clear Sight uses the second camera to enhance image quality by pairing a color sensor with a monochromatic one that's able to capture richer detail. The output from the pair of sensors is combined into a theoretically sharper photo."

 

I was looking at reviews of the Huawei Honor 8, which is sub $400 as well, and the still image quality is great. So, I think this would be a great reasonable improvement for the Robin successor, improving camera quality. Of course it helps to have more capable sensors too.

 

Signature Fonts
23 REPLIES
Rebel 3.2
118
62

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor


ellectriknight wrote:
I've been looking at this for some time (about a month), but I was trying to find the facts of the technology behind dual-cameras, and what makes them better.

 

And I just saw this article by Phonearena stating, 

 

"The system is called Clear Sight and it requires a Snapdragon 820 or 821 processor in the device. Qualcomm designed it to make dual cameras easier to integrate without requiring specialized development. Clear Sight uses the second camera to enhance image quality by pairing a color sensor with a monochromatic one that's able to capture richer detail. The output from the pair of sensors is combined into a theoretically sharper photo."

 

I was looking at reviews of the Huawei Honor 8, which is sub $400 as well, and the still image quality is great. So, I think this would be a great reasonable improvement for the Robin successor, improving camera quality. Of course it helps to have more capable sensors too.

 


All this dual camera is hype. Just look at the Nokia Lumia 1020. Robin just needs to use a camera like that and it will be far superior than majoirty of the mobile devices on the market. 

 

However I dislike these dual/quad tone flash. Xenon Flash is the way. Robin should consider using Xenon Flash in the next release for defo!

Nextbit Robin worse device ever owned. Owner of Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise
488
202

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor

@ellectriknight I concur.

 

New smartphones of decent quality and specs are all moving to dual camera setups. I love that you found an article explaining how and why the technology works. I believe this would be a great bold move for a Robin successor.

 

My smartphone usage pillars:

1. Great Display

2. Great Camera

3. Snapdragon 800-Series & suitable RAM

4. Unique features

5. Standout design

 

Smiley Very Happy

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise
441
288

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor


MiracleMiah wrote:

ellectriknight wrote:
I've been looking at this for some time (about a month), but I was trying to find the facts of the technology behind dual-cameras, and what makes them better.

 

And I just saw this article by Phonearena stating, 

 

"The system is called Clear Sight and it requires a Snapdragon 820 or 821 processor in the device. Qualcomm designed it to make dual cameras easier to integrate without requiring specialized development. Clear Sight uses the second camera to enhance image quality by pairing a color sensor with a monochromatic one that's able to capture richer detail. The output from the pair of sensors is combined into a theoretically sharper photo."

 

I was looking at reviews of the Huawei Honor 8, which is sub $400 as well, and the still image quality is great. So, I think this would be a great reasonable improvement for the Robin successor, improving camera quality. Of course it helps to have more capable sensors too.

 


All this dual camera is hype. Just look at the Nokia Lumia 1020. Robin just needs to use a camera like that and it will be far superior than majoirty of the mobile devices on the market. 

 

However I dislike these dual/quad tone flash. Xenon Flash is the way. Robin should consider using Xenon Flash in the next release for defo!


I respectfully disagree @MiracleMiah. If you article I linked above in my original post, the results would speak differently. It's not just for focusing. "One of the lens captures color, while the other is monochrome; Huawei states that this setup helps the phone capture better, crispier looking images."  It takes those two color spectrums to produce the best possible detailed, and color reproduced results in the photos image quality.

 

Here's a video of the camera's still results:

 

Signature Fonts
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise
441
288

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor

[ Edited ]

Thanks @_New_To_Android . I also agree with your usage pillars. In addition to battery. Battery and Camera are the 2 biggest features I look to when purchasing a smartphone.

Signature Fonts
Rebel 3.2
118
62

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor


ellectriknight wrote:

MiracleMiah wrote:

ellectriknight wrote:
I've been looking at this for some time (about a month), but I was trying to find the facts of the technology behind dual-cameras, and what makes them better.

 

And I just saw this article by Phonearena stating, 

 

"The system is called Clear Sight and it requires a Snapdragon 820 or 821 processor in the device. Qualcomm designed it to make dual cameras easier to integrate without requiring specialized development. Clear Sight uses the second camera to enhance image quality by pairing a color sensor with a monochromatic one that's able to capture richer detail. The output from the pair of sensors is combined into a theoretically sharper photo."

 

I was looking at reviews of the Huawei Honor 8, which is sub $400 as well, and the still image quality is great. So, I think this would be a great reasonable improvement for the Robin successor, improving camera quality. Of course it helps to have more capable sensors too.

 


All this dual camera is hype. Just look at the Nokia Lumia 1020. Robin just needs to use a camera like that and it will be far superior than majoirty of the mobile devices on the market. 

 

However I dislike these dual/quad tone flash. Xenon Flash is the way. Robin should consider using Xenon Flash in the next release for defo!


I respectfully disagree @MiracleMiah. If you article I linked above in my original post, the results would speak differently. It's not just for focusing. "One of the lens captures color, while the other is monochrome; Huawei states that this setup helps the phone capture better, crispier looking images."  It takes those two color spectrums to produce the best possible detailed, and color reproduced results in the photos image quality.

 

Here's a video of the camera's still results:

 


I disagree. Look at the Nokia Lumia 1020. That camera is fantasic it puts other cameras to shame. Xenon Flash is the way forward. Look at the Nokia N82 best camera for that generation and it's still a great camera today (even competes with digital cameras). 

 

I for one for the sucessor for Nextbit Robin to use Carl Zeiss lens + Xenon Flash.

Nextbit Robin worse device ever owned. Owner of Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise
441
288

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor

I'm confused on the statements you're making because nothing you're saying is negating what I posted. It seems like it comes down to preference. All I'm saying is, I don't see it as just "hype." I think it's a great option for better, camera quality & performance. That's not to say, your option(s) of what you think is a great option, isn't. @MiracleMiah

Signature Fonts
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise
488
202

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor

@MiracleMiah No way....OPO had those camera modules and it wasn't any good.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/Y0E0z
Rebel 3.2
118
62

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor


_New_To_Android wrote:

@MiracleMiah No way....OPO had those camera modules and it wasn't any good.


Depends on the lens. With Xenon Flash you need better lens, which makes the quality better.

 

 

 

 

Nextbit Robin worse device ever owned. Owner of Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Rebel 3.2
118
62

Re: Dual Camera Setup for the Robin Successor


ellectriknight wrote:

I'm confused on the statements you're making because nothing you're saying is negating what I posted. It seems like it comes down to preference. All I'm saying is, I don't see it as just "hype." I think it's a great option for better, camera quality & performance. That's not to say, your option(s) of what you think is a great option, isn't. @MiracleMiah


Dual cameras cost more. If people are expecting better camera quality in a mobile device then look elsewhere > DSLR is that option for those. Having a mobile device with a Carl Zeiss lens + Xenon Flash + Dual LED is the better option. At least imagine the next Nextbit device if using those technology. This also keeps the cost of the device down and you will have a device at capturing great photos or videos!

 

Carl Zeiss + Xenon Flash + Dual LED = Winner
Camera settings can take advantage of Xenon Flash or Dual LED which can be enabled/disabled when taking photos (depends on which one you use). Obviously Xenon Flash is far superior. Dual LED can be used for video light. Simple.

 

If a device has a Xenon Flash and poor camera lens you ain't going to achieve any sort of quality in photo.

 

Buy a Nokia 1020 and the photos are top notch. It puts Flagship devices from SAMSUNG, Sony, HTC to shame with regards to the camera area.

Nextbit Robin worse device ever owned. Owner of Sony Xperia Z5 Compact