Factory Images - Install Script for Linux

Rebel 3.0

Factory Images - Install Script for Linux

Currently there are instructions for flashing factory images on Windows and OS X and images with corresponding fastboot binaries and scripts for doing so. These scripts don't work in Linux.

Android and Linux are pretty much best buds. Would you consider updating the factory images and flashing procedure to be more universal by including a generic Linux fastboot binary and flash-all script?
8 REPLIES
Nextbit Employee Nextbit Employee

Re: Factory Images - Install Script for Linux

I'll put the request in. Smiley Happy

#NextNow
Highlighted
Rebel 2.8

ToHellWithGA wrote:

Android and Linux are pretty much best buds. Would you consider updating the factory images and flashing procedure to be more universal by including a generic Linux fastboot binary and flash-all script?

Seconding this request! 

(I know it's been passed on but wanting to show there's more support for this....) 

Rebel 2.8

Possible to run that script with no wiping data on the device?
Or is there any place there where the separated partition images can be download? Like on nexus devices where possible to update the device using fastboot.
Nextbit Product Expert Nextbit Product Expert

@C4mbi0s the script used in Windows and Mac OS right now asks you, when you run it, if you want to wipe all the data or not before doing anything else.

D
Join the Nextbit squad! I'll be pleased to help you if you send me a PM!
Rebel 2.6

[ Edited ]

Last time I checked its Foxconn's issue for not releasing a Free-OS compatible fastboot binary, it would be helpful if we won't have to use the proprietary(?) "simu_flash" protocol to flash the stock image.

Considering the previous exploit brought by Foxconn's firmware parts, Nextbit should drop as many of proprietary blobs as possible as long as no functionality is loss.

Rebel 2.6

Lin-Buo-Ren wrote:

Last time I checked its Foxconn's issue for not releasing a Free-OS compatible fastboot binary, it would be helpful if we won't have to use the proprietary(?) "simu_flash" protocol to flash the stock image.

So that's what was going on. I used the Mac OS script to run on Arch with the Google provided fastboot executable, but I was having no luck due to the simu_flash command. I couldn't find that command anywhere in the stock fastboot. Ended up having to reflash my phone on a machine at work due to this.
Rebel 3.0

Same here. Is this abandoned, Khang?
Rebel 2.6

Someone needs to compile that unique fastboot executable for Linux. There isn't any other way. Well, maybe it could be done using Wine.