Make the next phone smaller

Rebel 1.0

Make the next phone smaller

Nextbit is the only hope in the entire industry for a compact phone. And, unfortunately, compact today means 5" or less. There is not a single phone available in the US that is mid-range+ that can be used one handed comfortably. Please Nextbit, bring us a Nextbit Robin Mini or Nextbit Successor Name Here Mini. PLEASE!!!!!!!

11 REPLIES
Rebel 3.0

Re: Make the next phone smaller

I agree, I would love this personally. The iPhone SE is the only exception.

Rebel 3.2

The Nextbit Robin should come in a small form factor like the Apple iPhone SE. Specs wise should be same apart from screen (maybe a 720p screen unless they can manage a 1080p).

The Nexbit Robin S

Nexbit then can work on maybe;

Nextbit Robin II

Nextbit Robin II S

I think Nextbit should stick to roman numerals for naming the phone instead of companies these days you see like Apple/SAMSUNG that use 2, 3, 4 etc.

Nextbit Robin worse device ever owned. Owner of Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Rebel 3.6

I kinda like the idea of a smaller phone, but I'm unsure if Nextbit is big enough to release 2 phones at once yet. There's alot that goes in to designing and manufacturing phones. They might could handle bi-yearly releases.a full sized Robin, then 6 or so months later a smaller phone.

Rebel 3.2

The Baby Robin

Rebel 1.0

This is why I chose the SE over the Robin, as all decent Androids are, in my opinion, humungous and not and therefore practical.

It's sad, because I really liked this phone. 

First Android to make a small phone will make some money money! 

Rebel 3.0

This size to me personally is the sweet spot size wise for a phone.  Very hard to type a text on a tiny phone.  Anything over 5.5" gets hard to manage.

Rebel 3.0

I would have bought the Nextbit Budgie (a smaller bird, at a smaller cost?) months earlier and at full price.
Coming from a 720 column Moto G and knowing that the Nexus 5 packed a 1080 column display into a smaller package I know it must be possible.
Naming would be critical - I like to think of my "mint" phone as robin's egg blue, and a parrot color scheme might be a tough sell.
Highlighted
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

I personally don't want a smaller Robin. I agree with @Mthorn79  that 5.2" is the sweet spot for me. But I do agree that they need to kind of segment their consumers. A smaller Robin and a larger Robin. I think one should be like mid-end (Moto G) and another should be like higher end (Moto X and/or Moto Z). Everyone seems to have different preferences and I feel like that's a great way to satisfy both without everyone being dissatisfied. 

Signature Fonts
Rebel 2.8

Totally agree.  The phone is supposed to be smaller since the Robin has a 5.2" screen, but the device in it's entirety is the same size or bigger than my 5.5" OnePlus One, which has a bigger battery.