Robin 2 Wishlist

Rebel 3.0

Robin 2 Wishlist

[ Edited ]

Here is my wish list:

-To keep the price down stay with certain specs:

Processor/RAM: Snapdragon 820 with 4GB RAM and 32GB onboard storage with UFS 2.0

Camera: Same sensor as Google Pixel IMX378 12.3MP with dual LED flash and OIS, PDAF/LaserAF, f1.8 + 8MP front camera

Design: Metal frame inside and keep the design similar with wireless charging and put headphone jack on bottom + try to make the touch digitizer less noticeable

Screen: 5-5.2" AMOLED display with 1080p resolution with colors tuned to sRGB + GG5

Audio: Same dual stereo speakers with seperate amplifiers + good quality DAC

Battery: 3000 MAH battery with USB C and Quick Charge 3.0

Software: Battery and performance optimizations and keep Nextbit OS similar with Android 7.1.1 + make touch latency low + better camera software 

Fingerprint/Buttons: Put the sensor in same side area or on the back and make volume buttons more tactile

-Miscellaneous/Optional:

$400 price tag

Thermal paste to control heating

IP67 water and dust resistance

Double tap to wake

Use LEDS on back for notification

8mm thickness or less

Slow motion video

IR Blaster

Optimization for Snapchat

Nextbit OS option to have dark mode

Nextbit OS option to have app drawer if you don't use Smart Storage

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: Robin 2 Wishlist

I love this! 

Except I want Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 (50% charge in 15 minutes). To me Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 was a flop because it didn't charge faster than Q QC 2.0. In fact in my experience, it charged slower than 2.0.

Unfortunately, the only known and current processor that supports Q QC 4.0 is the Snapdragon 835 processor, which is the more premium processor. @bargom

Signature Fonts
Rebel 3.0

Yup and the phone would cost more. I would like one too but there is nothing wrong with the 820 and a light software skin like Nextbit OS. QC 3.0 is still okay to be honest.

Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Yeah, unfortunately. That's my only crutch with the concept. The lack of Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 with no mid-high tier Qualcomm Professor already out, that support 4.0 , the slow speeds from Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, and the price for the only capable Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 capable processor is such a premium. *Le sigh* 

I even really love the specs of the ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom. It's just the lack of the 4.0 quick charging with the processor it has. But you know, I guess it would be cool if the battery life itself lasted longer. Like 6 hours SOT. I probably wouldn't care then. @bargom

Signature Fonts