Widgets

Rebel 2.8

Widgets

I understand there was a design choice in having the widgets in an overlay. But not all widgets are created equally. For instance on a traditional launcher I have a widget which is a shortcut to calling my wife and I also use widgets with an app that i use to help me with things related to my baby like diapers, feedings, etc. And the extra steps I have to go through to access these crushes a fundamental feature of android that I depend on. I think having the widgets in overlay or more traditionally on home screens as an option is the only real hurdle I have with just using the nextbit launcher. 

Retired Rebel - Moved on to Galaxy S7
2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Rebel on the Rise Rebel on the Rise

Re: Widgets

I agree Smiley Happy, kinda defeats the purpose of widgets. But, with the pinch to get to the widgets, a lot more of the widgets can be placed on one screen at a time, just my feelings toward it.

Join the force! ->https://programs.nextbit.com/

Dancing cat approves!
Rebel 3.0

Re: Widgets

I think they opted for the pinch to get to the widgets as they wont be fetching data unless you pinch to visualize them, this may prevent battery to be drained too fast. Such a the widget panel on iOS...